Welcome to the ohmyskin.co.uk website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email, in the Contact Us box provided.
Conditions – means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions
Product – means a product displayed for sale on the Website
Product Description – means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided
Special Conditions – means the terms and conditions in the Product Description
Users – means the users of the Website collectively
Personal Information – means the details provided by you on registration
We/us – means OhMySkin Ltd.
Website – means the website located at www.johnlewis.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it
Cookies – means small text files which our Website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer
United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
You – means a user of this Website.
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
– The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting our Customer Service team by email, in the Contact Us box provided.
– You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
– modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
– change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
– When you shop on this Website, Paypal or ourselves may/will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
– We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website (“User Information”).
– We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
– You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with OhMySkin products which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We may use your information only for the following purposes:
– Processing your orders;
– For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
– To serve website content and advertisements to you;
– To administer this website;
– To contact you about leaving a review on a product once your order has been completed;
– If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
– You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
– When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from OhMySkin Ltd. by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you
In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure tick an appropriate box or contact the Customer Service team by email, in the Contact Us box provided.
You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, Customer Service team by email, in the Contact Us box provided.
– Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within the OhMySkin Ltd and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. OhMySkin Ltd. requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of the OhMySkin Ltd. for their mailing or marketing purposes
– You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn’t tracked, for example by third party ad or social networks, or analytic companies. You can opt out of tracking and analytics on this website by changing your settings
At present no industry-wide uniform standard has been agreed and adopted to determine how DNT requests should be managed, so our website doesn’t currently respond to DNT requests. Until that standard is established, we’ll continue to review DNT and other new technologies, but won’t respond to DNT requests.
Delivery photography: If one of our Customer Delivery Partners attempts to deliver an order to your address and finds there’s no-one available to receive it, we reserve the right to take a photograph of the outside of the property to assure you we were in the right geographical location to fulfill your order, and confirm we had located the correct address. We can assure you that this photograph won’t be published or circulated, or used for any other purpose other than verification, and that it’s held securely in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
Ordering, cancelling and returning products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website
All prices are inclusive of postage and packaging to UK postal addresses unless otherwise stated. Posting to locations outside UK may incurr additional costs of postage; any such costs will be advised by email when we process your order and before any goods are dispatched.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
– You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
– We or Amazon will send you an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order acceptance
– For items being delivered to you when your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
– Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in change or cancel an order
– For most products sent directly from our warehouse, your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is despatched
– If the product is being delivered direct to you from a supplier, you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your order and despatch. The exact timing of this will vary according to supplier and the product you’re ordering
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
– The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
– Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
– The identification of a pricing or product description error
– Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by ohmyskin.co.uk If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with ohmyskin.co.uk please email us from the Contact Us page
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online
– You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
– If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
– To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
– You can cancel by email in the box provided on the Contact Us page
– If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
– We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Please see our Refund policy for further details.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you’re not, just return the item with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it.
It can take up to 14 days from you returning the item(s) to receive your refund, but if you return your order directly to a OhMySkin Ltd or Amazon we’ll process your refund immediately (though it can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you).
Please return the unused product to us within 30 days of receiving your order. Once returned, we’ll refund the person who originally placed and paid for the order.
Terms and conditions
– If you’re unhappy with your purchase, please let us know. Unless faulty, we’d like this to be within 30 days of purchase
– If you return your item and you’d like a refund but don’t have your receipt, order confirmation or delivery note, we’ll give you a gift card to the value of the current selling price
– Ordinarily if you have your receipt or delivery note we’ll refund the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase
– It’s important that any unwanted item, unless faulty, is returned in a resalable condition.
– If you are unsatisfied with the products after no more than 3 applications, please return the entire kit to us for a refund
– For online purchases we’ll refund the standard delivery charge, provided you return the full order. If you are only returning some of the items on your order, then we will only refund the cost of those items. Home Therapy Kits however, must be returned with all items included
– This does not affect your statutory rights
Methods of payment and refunds
Credit & Debit
When returning your item, the way you originally paid for the purchase will determine how you are refunded.
Credit / debit card
If you paid by credit or debit card, we’ll refund the same card originally used to place and pay for the order.
If you are returning your item(s) directly to one of our shops, please make sure you take with you the card that you used to make the purchase.
If you paid online using PayPal and return your item via courier, Royal Mail or Collect+, we’ll refund your PayPal account. It can take up to 5 days to be processed. You may prefer to opt for either an exchange, or a gift card with the refund value.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
– any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
– any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
– any special or indirect losses
suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what OhMySkin Ltd and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.